Thursday, March 22, 2012

Funk Dat!

Been listening to this song on repeat to try and shake off this gah-dang funk I'm still in:



Things I am currently feeling challenged by:

Guilt
Carbs and Sugars/calorie counting
-(I know I've been eating things here and there that I shouldn't be so, in turn, I've been avoiding
counting my daily intakes. Though I don't feel that I'm overeating I do know that )
Lack of Motivation
Taking my medications consistently and on schedule
Being Overly Tired
-(read: moreso buying in to being "overly tired" because I know I'm getting enough sleep even
though I'm working long hours)
Bits of anxiety surfacing (usually in the early morning right upon waking up)
Feeling disconnected from myself

Things currently in my favor:

My knees have seemed to stop acting up (unless it gets cold then the left one gets a little stiff but nothing serious)
I think I have finally gotten rid of the plague/black lung
I'm starting to miss working out
I'm actively seeking out inspiration through reading other people's stories, reflecting on my own journey and embracing hobbies (ie guitar lessons, Sunday hikes, etc.)


I'm starting to feel a lot more like "myself" again but I'm way bummed that I fell 2 weeks+ behind. I tend to be the "Queen of Extremes" so it's easy for me to turn a little rock slide into an avalanche. Working towards a more balanced way of being has been on my to-do list for years now and I'm still chipping away at it. Luckily I haven't gained weight past where I started. Before I got sick I was down 3lbs at 202 from 205. Now I'm back up to 205 and it's a big reality check...remembering how easy it is to put it on vs. take it off.

I have one more 10hr workday tomorrow and then I have lighter/regular hours ahead for the next 2 weeks. This will give me the opportunity to follow the schedule I started with (7am wake up time immediately followed by breakfast and a workout) and plan ahead for my heavy weeks that will come again towards mid next month. It's looking like I'm just going to have to buckle down and do a 4:30-:45am wake up/breakfast/workout to leave the house by 6a on those days. Once I get home after work it's extremely difficult to jump into a work out and I've found that I talk myself out of it too easily. Getting it done first thing in the morning makes me feel more accomplished and if I want to follow up with an additional walk or something later in the evening then I can get in double the goodness.

I also have a vacation to Cabo coming up with my Nanny family so I'll have to think ahead for that too. I'd rather it be a proactive vacation...a rejuvenation of sorts rather than a lazy, do absolutely nothing type thing. Don't get me wrong - there will be lounging, skinny margaritas and naps going down on a daily basis but they will be well earned after some good ole physical activity ;).

I'll be starting my 30 day countdown over beginning at Day 1.2 :) It's a personal goal of mine to get through all 30 days consistently with no more than 1 day of rest/1 day of cardio per week. So that would look something like M-F workout DVD, Sat rest, Sunday 6mile hike. I'm crossing my fingers and toes for no more injuries and am going to be extra aware of proper technique/warm ups.

One of the most important things that I've learned over the years is to never stop trying. Never. Whether its the voice in your head reminding you of all the times you've failed or if its those naysayers around you asking "you're doing this AGAIN?" just pay them no mind. The most amazing breakthroughs occur when you stop buying in to the negativity and fight your way through the pain, both physical and emotional. You may need to fall many times until you realize there's a lot to learn down there in the mud.

And away we gooooo...

No comments: