Sunday, March 4, 2012

Weekend Update!

Man did this weekend fly by!

In a nutshell:

I finally listened to all of the red flags/omens I had been ignoring for a while and I didn't end up getting the class that I wanted (all for the better).

I had the lovely pleasure of celebrating my Great Grandmother's 95th birthday! Held out and didn't eat the cake...and I looove cake, haha! Had some really great conversations with family members/family friends that I hadn't connected with in a while :).

*Went on a 6mile hike at 6am in the hills of Altadena and committed to doing it every Sunday with my cousin from Turkey, Suleyman. (Really proud of this one!)

Got my hair did - and it looks fierce! ;)

Took a nap!

Stuck to my eating goals and allowed myself a rest day on Saturday instead of Sunday.

Wasn't able to keep an accurate calorie/nutritional count using the app on my phone because I ate out a couple of times but I'm confident in the healthy choices I made.

Saturday Food Log:

3/4 of a Hugos' Go Green Frittata - This wonderful breakfast full of protein, minerals and iron will keep you going and going. Made with egg whites, chard, beet greens, kale, spinach puree, broccolini, zucchini, asparagus, quinoa, garlic and extra virgin olive oil. Topped with alfalfa sprouts and an apple-mango-mint sauce. Served with fresh fruit.

One Hugo's Almond Energy Pancake -Prepared with nuts, seeds, quinoa, shredded coconut, puffed rice, dried cherries, and cranberries. Garnished with fresh berries and spiced organic cane syrup.

1 Chicken Sausage Patty

2 Cups Rooibos Africana Tea Latte with Nonfat Milk (unsweetened + Splenda)

1 Cup Grilled Chicken

1/4 Cup Refried Beans

3 Tbs Salsa Verde

1/4 Cup Cilantro + Onions

1 Cup Cabbage Salad with Lime Vinaigrette

1 Banana

1/2 Cup Walnuts

1/2 Cup Multi-grain Cheerios

1/2 Cup Nonfat Milk




Sunday Food Log:

One California Grill Garden Sandwich - Avocado, shredded carrot, romaine lettuce, tomato, purple onion, alfalfa sprouts, cheddar cheese, and light mayo on 12 grain bread.

1 Frest Fruit Cup - cantaloupe, strawberry, grapes, pineapple, honeydew

1 Kosher Pickle Spear

2 Glasses Lemon Iced Tea (unsweetened + Splenda)

1/2 Banana

1/2 Cup Multi-Grain Cheerios

1/2 Cup Nonfat Milk

1 Apple Pear with Lime Juice and sprinkle of Tajin Chili Powder

1 Cup Steamed Broccoli (light salt and pepper added)

1/2 Cup Steamed Spinach

2 oz Part Skim Milk Mozzarella Cheese

1/4 Cup Baked Sweet Potatoes (in Grapeseed oil with Cinnamon, Nutmeg and tiny sprinkle of raw organic sugar)

No comments: